Thursday, May 08, 2008

Florida Keys 100 Here I Run!!!

MY KEYS 100 CREW. TODD AND HELENE!!


It has been a while since I stepped up to the starting line of a 100 mile race. Next Sat. May 17th, I will travel to Florida for the "Keys100". http://www.keys100.com/


The great news for me is that physically I feel great and I feel ready to run this race.

I look forward to the joy of running, the joy of being on a new course with many new and old friends but most of all to support my wonderful friend and "new" race director Bob Becker!

Today I was able to hold a 7:40 pace for 10 miles of very hilly roads and it was 90 degrees. I feel strong, it feels good:)

I am fortunate to say that I will the guest speaker for the Keys races at the pre-race meeting on Friday evening. The topic I will talk about is "Running for a Purpose"!!!

Yeah..I am excited:)

You will be able to follow my progress and all those running the Keys races on the race web site.


My very good friend and coaching student Bob Becker is the race director. Bob is putting on this race as a relay, 50 and 100 mile to support and raise money for prostate cancer.

I commend Bob for his amazing efforts as a humanitarian, family man, business man, friend and athlete that he is. Bob is running his 1st Badwater 135 Ultra this July.


The Keys race is a self supported race, meaning I have to have a crew! Todd and Helene Melbert who live in Florida are going to be my crew and Todd will be able to do some running with me:):)

Todd was on my Badwater double crew in 2006 and was such a blast. I look forward to spending time with both Todd and Helene at there home and on the road. I thank you both for taking this one with me.

I also look forward to seeing our friend Bob Gentile who lives in Florida and will be helping out with the race.




Story and great photo of Bob and Nattu running!


Runners to race entirety of the Keys


On Saturday, May 17, more than 125 runners will take to U.S. 1 in the first
annual Keys 100 Ultra-marathon, a 100-mile race to benefit prostate cancer
research and education.
The runners, all highly conditioned athletes from across the United States,
will start at mile marker 100 in Key Largo, and with a little luck, will
cross the finish line at Smathers Beach in Key West.
For more of this story, click on or type the URL below:
http://upperkeysreporter.com/articles/2008/05/01/keys_life/life01.txt
Can't wait!
Dream Big.
Lisa



15 comments:

Matt Hart said...

good luck lisa! you will do awesome. =)

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

Sounds like you are in good shape. I have not run a 7:40 mile in many year's. You go show them how it is done. Are you still training pushing your kids?

Mel

Anonymous said...

Have a good race Lisa, sounds like you are ready. I know how much you thrive in the heat so I hope it is good and hot for you.
I look forward to following.

Stu

TonyP said...

Best of luck for a great race.

Anonymous said...

Good energy to you Lisa and a big hug down to Bob and everyone else running! Can't wait to read the reports! :) Kira

Olga said...

Have a blast out there, dear Lisa!

Jacqueline Florine said...

Go Happy Feet!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

See Ya Sooooooooooooooon ! ! !

Deanna Stoppler said...

Woo hoo, Lisa! Will it be toasty? Not as hot as Badwater though, right.

Anonymous said...

This is going to be a FANTASTIC RACE. I can tell. And next year, I'm there.

I went down to the Keys when I was 11 years old with my whole family in a Winnebago. I remember the bugs.

Pack your sweat-proof bug spray, Lisa.

Lisa Smith-Batchen said...

Hi All,

Well my friend Bob the RD of the Keys 100 says it is going to be a high of 93-94 and very humid!
Looks like my kind of day!!
Hot and humid are tough...but hey..I like the heat right?
remind me of this often!!
Lisa

Kay said...

Hey Lisa!

I am so excited for you. I'll be following along on the blog. You sound great and ready! Yay!

All the best,

K

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone-

You can support Lisa's run by going here:

http://snipurl.com/28un7

woo-hoo!

Anonymous said...

Good luck to all the runners from 50 degree London!... Aran

David Strobel said...

Go Lisa!

Dave Strobel