Saturday, May 13, 2006

smoking fast in just 1 year

Hi gang,
this is an email from a friend of ours who is going for the marathon trials! Read and see where he was 1 year ago and where he was today running a 5:05 mile!
Pray for Chris and send energy to him for a healthy, fast race and that he completes his goal and dream!
 
Happy Mothers day to all you wonderful mothers.
Lisa
 
 
 Hopefully the weather will start getting more springlike for you guys.  Back here in MN we had wonderful weather for about three weeks and now it's back to being 40 degrees, rainy, and windy.  Oh well, what can you do?  I had my last law school final of the year yesterday, so I celebrated this morning by running a 90 second PR in a 1/2 marathon!  It was cold, windy, rainy, and hilly but I managed to run 1:10:25 with the last mile being the fastest mile, about 5:05.  And now there are only 5 weeks until Grandmas Marathon so I have to start dropping my mileage.  Training over the last five months has gone so well, my fitness has come around much faster than I expected.  From here in I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping to stay healthy and have somewhat reasonable weather for the marathon.  To top off all of that the guys on our club team are really getting excited about training and racing and we're picking up new members all the time!  At today's race we had three guys who recently signed up to run the Twin Cities Marathon in the fall kick off their training with the 1/2 marathon in an attempt to get seeded in the first wave of the race and they all met their goals today.  It was especially fun as the three guys were my dad, my brother, and one of the mythic runners from Carleton that graduated before I arrived there!  It's so strange to think that exactly one year ago my body was so screwed up that I couldn't run more than three miles at about 9 minute mile pace and now here I am in the best shape of my life!  It seems amazing things can happen in a pretty short amount of time
 
Happy Feet!
Lisa Smith-Batchen
JOIN MY BLOG!!!
www.lisasmithbatchen.com
www.dreamchaserevents.com
www.tetonraces.com

No comments: