Saturday, April 11, 2009

Cancer Update from Johns-Hopkins

Cancer Update from Johns-Hopkins

Bottled water in your car isvery dangerous!

On the Ellen show, Sheryl Crow said this is what caused her breast cancer. It has been identified as the most common cause of the high levels of dioxin in breast cancer tissue.
Sheryl Crow's oncologist told her:

women should not drink bottled water that has been left in a car.The heat reacts with the chemicals in the plastic of the bottle which releases dioxin into the water. Dioxin is a toxin increasingly found in breast cancer tissue. So please be careful and do not drink bottled water that has been left in a car. Pass this on to all the women in your life.

This information is the kind we need to know that just might save us! Use a stainless steel canteen or a glass bottle instead of plastic!LET EVERYONE WHO HAS A WIFE / GIRLFRIEND / DAUGHTER KNOW PLEASE!This information is also being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center

No plastic containers in microwave.
No water bottles in freezer
No plastic wrap in microwave.
A dioxin chemical causes cancer, especially breast cancer..
Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies.
Don't freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic. Recently, Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Castle Hospital , was on a TV program to explain this health hazard.

He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us.
He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers...
This especially applies to foods that contain fat.He said that the combination of fat, high heat,=2 0and plastic releases dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body....

Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Corning Ware, Pyrex or ceramic
containers for heating food.. You get the same results, only without the dioxin.So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in something else.

Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper.
It's just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc.
He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved Away
from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin problem is one of the reasons...
Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran wrap, is just as dangerous when
placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high
heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food.
Cover food with a paper towel instead.
This is an article that should be sentTo anyone important inYour life!


Yassine said...

Thanks for the heads up Lisa...I will pass it on and start using glass to heat up my left overs. Nice work over in Morocco! It was fun keeping tabs on you guys :0)

Unknown said...

Actually, here is a better link that details out the whole story and history of the email.

Lisa Smith-Batchen said...

Chad..thank you.
The information I posted was sent to me from a very well known breast cancer Doctor from Denver. I have sent her an email to ask her more..Thank you.

Unknown said...

No problem, Lisa. My family still avoids buying bottled water and drinks just because of the amount of waste that ends up in a landfill. So we mix up our own sports drinks and juices in reusable containers.

It's great how much you do for other runners out there, Lisa. I hope I get the chance to meet you sometime.