Sunday, March 09, 2008

Running MdS for a Purpose: M (MARIANNE) DeMARCO



For what charity or cause are you running the 2008 Marathon des Sables?


Inwood House -- a maternity residence for pregnant unwed teens who are homeless or in the New York City foster care system.




Why did you decide to run with a purpose?


If I'm going to lose my toenails, I might as well do it for a cause. Not only is Inwood House the only maternity residence for homeless teens that accepts HIV infected girls, it has been helping pregnant teens with nowhere to go since 1835 -- so I know it's not some fly-by-night operation. I also work there, so I can see first hand that it works. It really does change lives. Plus I raised money for Inwood House last year by running the North Pole Marathon, so I had to try and top that one.




How can people contribute?
Go to http://www.americasnexttopwaddle.com/





Above:
M at the North Pole in 2007,
where she ran the North Pole Marathon
to raise money for Inwood House.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

M,

Inwood House is so fortunate to have you running to raise money for them. Have a great time in Morocco!

Anonymous said...

I love the HI MOM! sign...

What a great cause, M.

Lisa Smith-Batchen said...

go M go...
the bunny in you will hip hop all the way to the finish..
you are such a joy
lisa