Saturday, October 06, 2007

What Do You Think About Race Morning? Read Lisa’s Pre-Race Thoughts

I can’t go on. I must go on. I will go on.


Hi Everyone,

Colleen here…just woke up to find e-mails from Lisa and Cathy Cramer in my In Box. Since its Saturday morning and they are at the 508, I was a little surprised to hear from them. But maybe by now I shouldn’t be…Cathy and Lisa are two connected people!

Cathy supplied the photos provided in the last Blog post and Lisa provided a little insight into her mind frame this morning. I bet many of you who read this post are Lisa’s students…well, despite all the chaos that I imagine precedes a start of a race like this, Lisa wanted me to tell those of you racing this weekend to stay focused and not lose sight of all that you have done to get to the start line. And she said, “Tell them to write to me…I’d love to get reports about their races as I sit on my bike for two days!”

Here’s what else Lisa had to say:

crazy trying to get out of here

i am starting in barbs jersey:) (Colleen: Barb Lindquist, Lisa’s fellow athlete, neighbor, and just another Mom who pulls her kids up steep mountains on her bike with ease!)

we are off..shaking as I write this email

Last thing about Lisa’s start…she shared an e-mail from her friend Cole that is helping guide her bike journey:

Good morning Lisa,

As Brian Robinson, first Briton to finish the Tour de France (1955) said to himself: I looked at the other guys and thought, they’re the same as me - if they can do it, I can. Good reasoning because there’s no ducking the argument. It’s simple: I can’t go on. I must go on. I will go on.

That's from an essay I came across yesterday that you might enjoy, can be found here: http://www.rapha.cc/index.php?page=131.

"I can’t go on. I must go on. I will go on." Nice mantra, I'll use that sometime.

Hopefully the 508 will post updates so I can follow along. In any case I'm positive you'll do great.

Take care,
Cole

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"They who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up like eagles with wings of great length. They will run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Go fly on your bike :)

Kira

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

"I can’t go on. I MUST go on. I WILL go on." Nice mantra
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That is a good mantra...

It's time Lisa for you to DIG Deep and PULL from all those events you done in the past... That is your Ticket to reach this 508 Finish Line.

So"Cash In" on those Past Memories!

You are STRONG and You WILL DO It!!

We Are RIGHT Behind You CHEERING you ON....and umm pushing U a bit too (shhhh don't tell anyone :-)

HAPPY BUTT :-)