Thursday, March 08, 2007

New Blog

Good morning!

The past 2 day's in the Tetons were amazing..sunny and warm enough to get outside on my road bike:) You know this makes me smile.

Winter months seem to be harder as I get older with depression so I welcome the sun and the warmth!

Training is going great this week thanks to being able to meet friends...Barb Linquist is already back to working out just 2 months after having twins, she is my inspiration as well as my friend Ray who listens to my heart about my own training!
Mike and Colleen are also kicking my butt:)

I love the bike..it feels good to work hard.

Here is a new blog of one of my coaching students Larry. I think he has some wonderful things to say. http://farmboyrunning.blogspot.com

Great quote:

“It is not death or dying that is tragic, but rather to have existed without fully participating in life – that is the deepest personal tragedy.”
-Ed Abbey, Confessions of a Barbarian


Jay will be leaving on the 19th for Marathon Des Sables. I will be doing daily updates on my blog and web site about how Jay and the other 60 runner's he is taking to the race this year..It is going to be thrilling! I will not be going this year and will sure miss it, this is one of my favorite races.
Our 17 month old has had so many health issues and she is not able to fly or travel right now so I will be right here or somewhere warm with my kids rooting for Jay and the rest of the runner's. Gabby our 17 month old is going to be just fine but she has had a rough start in life..the Doctors have finally fiqured out her health issues and she is on the mend, Thank you God for this!
MDS is one of my most favorite events!!

Have a wonderful day
Lisa

2 comments:

Olga said...

Oh, Lisa, I hope Gabby will feel well soon and forever! She is a fighter, just like her mother!! A kiss for her and a hug for mom:)

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

“It is not death or dying that is tragic, but rather to have existed without fully participating in life – that is the deepest personal tragedy.”
-Ed Abbey, Confessions of a Barbarian
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love that Quote!!! That is one of my favorites that I have in my office.

Best wishes and prayers for Gabby on getting better and glad she is on the mend :-)

Good luck to Jay and the runners going to MDS will be looking forward to your blog updates on that event...

and Coach glad the winter up there is almost over and you can get some good warm workouts...I will say this Death Valley is already heating up, I seen the weather for the next 10days avg 97 --so a big yikes in MAY -LOL what will I do with all my black running gear?!---GRRRRRRR I know leave at home :-(