Monday, September 11, 2006

George Velasco & the Bishop Triple 7


Lisa,

I got home at 10:30 pm Sunday night - drove here straight from Homestead, the Wasatch 100 finish line. I crewed four Bishop boys with Sabrina, Joe's girlfriend. We leapfrogged and it worked.

Phil K finished at 24 hrs, Joe at 26 hours, and Arnie (Phil's Dad) with Pinenut Kiner at 31 hours. All finished.

Thats a Bishop Triple 7 - counting these guys with me, Andy and Marie last week…
That's 700 miles in 7 days by 7 Bishop residents.

If Jeff Kozak from Rock Creek and Howie from Mammoth finish AC next week that's 9 from the Eastern Sierra...

Saw sweet Becky at Big Mountain waiting to pace and saw Mike at Lambs Canyon waiting with Pam Reed's son to pace her. He was so excited. I saw Michele there too (the women's winner of the Grand Teton 100).

Anyway long nite and day and cold.

Lisa thank you for everything, thank you is not enough and thank you for making me finish the 100-wow. Its a big, big monkey off my back. It meant a lot to me - I am still riding that high.

Saw Whit Rambach at big mountain. He asked me why I wasn't running WF 100 and I showed him my GT belt buckle and he loved it!!!

Love,

George

No comments: