Monday, August 14, 2006

The Final Analysis

Hi all!
 
Right now I have 3 amazing memories that stick out in my mind with the BW double. With each passing day I have more and more.
 
1. Rhonda Provost the first women to complete the BW double came to see me on Sunday in my hotel room before the pre-race meeting. I felt as if I was meeting my long lost sister, the connection to her was and is so very beautiful. She is so much about love..you look at her and you see love. I feel so blessed to have her in my life at this time. She sent me what you will read below by Mother Theresa. I already have it and know it but it was sure a gift to get it again and now to be able to share it with you.
 
2 and 3 are both with my sister Julie. I asked Julie to give a prayer for me, our crew and for all the runners and crews before the race started. Our crew made a circle and held hands. Julie blew me away with her prayer, one that I wish the entire world could have heard. God was speaking to her and through her and the words just came to her heart. It made me and the rest of us ball, it made me 100% sure we were going to be successful. When the going was tough I thought about her prayer, her words and I just smiled knowing that we were all going to be ok.
The 3rd was on the way back while near the top of Towns Pass about 240 miles into the journey. I was having a very emotional time, the stars were the best I had ever seen and the most I had ever seen in my life. Julie looked up and said to me, "each one of those stars is a child looking down at us and thanking us for saving there life." Being close to $140,000 of money we have raised I do feel that each star represented a child and I sit here so thankful, so very thankful. Love, Love, Love until it hurts and when it hurts keep on Loving!
Have a great day
Lisa
 
The Final Analysis
by
Mother Teresa
 
 
People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered.
Love them anyway.
 
If you do good, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.
 
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.
Succeed anyway.
 
If you are honest and frank, you leave yourself vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.
 
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
 
The biggest people with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest people with the smallest ideas.
Think big anyway.
 
What you spend years building, someone may destroy overnight.
Build anyway.
 
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous.
Be happy anyway.
 
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough.
Give the world the best you have anyway.
 
You see, in the final analysis it’s all between you and God.
It was never between you and them anyway.

Check out AOL.com today. Breaking news, video search, pictures, email and IM. All on demand. Always Free.

No comments: