Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Wed. update

 Hi all!
 
Well Tue. I never got out of my PJs! I spent the day on the computer doing training schedules, taking care of my kids and feeling low about being here with my father and watching him not feel well. It is so hard to watch your parents get old, sick and not be the way these used to be. My father is one of my best friends at this time in my life, I feel so thankful to be able to say this. I can say this about my mother as well.
I know many of you have lost your parents, I have a friend and client who lost his father last week and another one who told me he was going home for the weekend to say goodbye to his father and that his mother would soon pass after him. He needed to go and tell them how much he loved them. I'm balling as I write this and look at my father across the room and know that my time will come to, it will for all of us.
Live life, don't let it pass you by.
Love to you all
Lisa
 
nice quote below sent to me today
 
 
 
Growth is not steady, forward, upward progression.  It is instead a switchback trail; three steps forward, two back, one around the bushes, and a few simply standing, before another forward leap.
Dorothy Corkville Briggs
 
Happy Feet!
Lisa Smith-Batchen
JOIN MY BLOG!!!
www.lisasmithbatchen.com
www.dreamchaserevents.com
www.tetonraces.com

1 comment:

Brendan said...

Lisa, I don''t get to your blog every day, but I do check it out most weeks. I loved this post, I do hope that you 'savour the PJs' My Mum knew that my running was only second to fixing her "issues" (wasn't allowed to say anything starting w/ C in our house).. You've got a lot of fans out here Lisa! But loved ones come first. Brendan