Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The first 2 days of camp

 We had the most wonderful group of campers, we always do! Most people think our camps are for great athletes, well they are for all levels. If you are just learning to run or even exploring the idea our camps are for you. If you are dreaming about winning a race our camps are for you.
Wed. night we had our welcome dinner, gave out goodie bags and talked about each campers goals. Love the goals, its the part that makes me smile knowing that I get to help someone else achieve and accomplish a dream and goal.
Wed. after dinner most of us went out for a 2 hour PW (power walk). It was so NICE to be wearing a jog bra and shorts, no ski jacket, hat or gloves. I bet we walked 4.5-5 mph.
This was a great time to talk to each camper and get to know them a bit. Right away they all seemed to get along well and told stories that made you laugh until your belly hurt.
Thursday morning I woke up at 5am, this is my favorite time of the day as most of you know. I left the room that I was sharing with Marshall and Heather and went to the pool to swim laps. It was not open yet but the wonderful people at the front desk opened it for me. I had not been in a pool to swim for so long. I sat on the edge for a long time, so it seemed having a cup of coffee and just smelling death valley. Death Valley has this amazing smell to me, sitting here at home I can close my eyes and still smell it.
I love this place, I really feel like I may have traveled or lived there in a past life. I know that sounds crazy to most of you but for me it is a real feeling.
I swam for 45 min. non-stop, it was so wonderful!!! Another camper Barb showed up to swim to! Barb is training for Ultra Man in August which is 1.2 mile swim x3, 112 mile bike x 3 and then 26.2 mile run x3!!! This women is amazing to me doing 3 Ironmans back to back.
We spend the day on the road working on downhill running, power walking techniques and gait analysis.
The campers got so good at this that Marshall and I were having trouble keeping up with them! It was a long hot day but the smiles never left the faces of any of us.
We were out of the road for a good 5 hours. Back to the hotel for dinner and then classroom where we did power point presentations on Nutrition, hydration and electrolyte balance. Next we talked about race strategy and training and last the mental aspects of racing and training.
What a wonderful day from start to finish!
Soon we will have updates and photos on our web site for you to all look at.
Makes you want to go out for a walk or a run, right?
Have a great day...
 
Happy Feet!
Lisa Smith-Batchen
JOIN MY BLOG!!!
www.lisasmithbatchen.com
www.dreamchaserevents.com
www.tetonraces.com

No comments: