Wednesday, May 31, 2006

carbs and food

Hi All,
 
I'm working with a young lady who is at this moment training to go under 2 hours for a half marathon. I know she will do it, she has already been successful at an Ironman!! She came to me needing to drop 20-30 pounds and this is what has happened in just 3 weeks!!! I asked her a hard question to think about.Her response is below. I think many can relate! Thanks for sharing!
 
 
  ***I have seen some improvements - an eight pound weight loss which I am really pleased with and more energy when I am exercising. 
 
I have been working at my nutrition and know its still far from 'dialed in'.  I have been thinking about your question...You can grave carbs and eat carbs, but why do you pick the bad ones? what do these food fill in your heart, what is missing and the real issue? 
 
I eat these foods when I feel lonely. They're require little to no preparation, they are tasty to me, they feel indulgent and in this strange way, I feel independent when I eat these foods...like no one can tell me to do otherwise. Lame to admit because I know how I feel after I make these choices, but those are the feelings I could identify over the past two weeks. These foods have long been a vice for me. 
 
 
Happy Feet!
Lisa Smith-Batchen
JOIN MY BLOG!!!
www.lisasmithbatchen.com
www.dreamchaserevents.com
www.tetonraces.com

No comments: