Tuesday, May 30, 2006

another race result

 
Jen ran her first half marathon this weekend!!! You go girl:)
 
 
 
Well, I did it!!!!!!  Yippee!!!!!  I finished in 2:05:30.  I was happy with the time.  I came in 166 out of 512 Half Marathon runners which I felt really great about.  The race was difficult…the weather was very hot and humid which I think affected me a bit.  I had been training outside at 5 a.m. with very cool, dry temperatures so I definitely could feel the heat.  My body (back, stomach, legs, everything) was extremely sore on Monday which surprised me considering I had run 2 hours numerous times before the race.  I must have been pushing that much harder and probably very tense (I get very nervous about the unknown). 
 
I also sacrificed 2 toenails which surprised me because they had never been affected in my 2 hour training runs.  However, with that said, it was all worth it.  I almost feel proud of the toenails (like they are battle scarsJ).  The last mile I did as you said and put my head down and go.  A friend who was running beside me kept repeating that over and over.  She was wonderful by my side (she could have finished much earlier but held back to be with me – a true friend).
 
During the race, I kept remembering that Jim, Samuel, Thomas would be at the end and I kept pushing myself to see their beautiful faces.  I am so incredibly lucky to have such support behind me.  The boys said they had butterflies while they were waiting for me.  Brought a tear to my eye!
 
I want to tell you how much I appreciate everything you have done for me.  I appreciate you taking the time to make up schedules for me.  I appreciate you listening and responding to my questions.  I appreciate your insight, strength, commitment, just everything.  I can’t tell you how much this has meant to me.
 
Being part of a group like that is wonderful.  My friend would break out into loud shouts of joy as we ran along proclaiming “We are doing this!!!!!!!”  At one point she and a bunch of others started singing “We are the Champions”.  What fun!
 
Thank you Lisa.  You are one amazing woman and I am so glad that our paths have crossed!
 
Jen
 
Happy Feet!
Lisa Smith-Batchen
JOIN MY BLOG!!!
www.lisasmithbatchen.com
www.dreamchaserevents.com
www.tetonraces.com

No comments: