Thursday, February 09, 2006

Let the sun shine!

Good morning to all of you!
The sun is just over the mountain tops and its going to be a beautiful day to go for a run.
But with a broken toe I think it might be a "slog" around the block:)
 
100's of email's each day are coming to me about the RW article and I feel blessed to have been able to touch even just one of you. The article for me personally was much more about my depression than I thought it was going to be about but again if it has touched one person than I am thankful. We all go though "Bumps in the road" and its how we find our way back to the sunshine that makes it all worth it. What we learn and how we grow from all of the pain. I do believe that behind every tragedy and every misfortune we all gone through that there is a gift and greater purpose waiting for us out there, we just have to be patient and trust.
When I was in College I did not like to run very much, it was only near the end of College that I started to run to stay in shape. My first race was a 5k Turkey Trot. I had no idea what I was doing but was so pleased to get a very cool T-shirt when I signed up and to feel the amazing energy that surrounded me. I did not even own a watch at the time or running shoes. I won the race and flew home for Thanksgiving with my family with a 20 pound turkey in my hand. This was pure joy for me and so it started the long journey of where I am today.
God Bless you all and Happy Feet!
Lisa

1 comment:

Olga said...

Woo-hoo, first race and a win!
Heal the toe, feel better.