Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Today's thought

 There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not outside, not on other people. That comes afterwards, when you've worked on your own corner.
--Aldous Huxley
 
Taking responsibility for our own attitudes, actions, and neglects is far more difficult than managing and directing other people's lives.
 
Giving advice to another, for example, is much easier that practicing what we preach. If we would apply our advice to our own lives, we would have less time to criticize, correct, or interfere in someone's else's difficulties. Moreover, we would be amazed at how many alternatives we have within our own grasp that could solve, or at least alleviate, the problems in our lives.
 
TODAY- Let me realize I am far more positive and predictive when I concentrate my efforts and thoughts on changing myself and my own actions. Give me the courage to act on my own internal wisdom.
 
I hope you have all had a wonderful day.
Many blessings to you
 
Lisa
 
Happy Feet!
Lisa Smith-Batchen
http://lisasmithbatchen.blogspot.com/
www.lisasmithbatchen.com
www.dreamchaserevents.com
www.tetonraces.com

Check out AOL.com today. Breaking news, video search, pictures, email and IM. All on demand. Always Free.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Aldous' methods for altering the doors of perception were a little different than running 300 miles in Death Valley but it's nice to see such an outside-the-box kind of guy quoted for inspiration.
Congrats on the fund raising Lisa, great job!!
Bill Graney