Saturday, May 01, 2010

CELEBRITY UPDATE - DAY.... WHATEVER.

M here again with this update:

IT. IS. HOT.

4 days ago we were in a "winter weather advisory" in Pittsfield, VT. It rained which became sleet, which in turn became snow, which piled up a good 10 inches by morning.

But noooooooooo.... just a few states later, here in Maryland, it's 92 degrees. Oh, how we suffer. I mean the crew, of course. After all, Lisa gets that nice breeze from running, right? She should realize how lucky she is.
Yes, more paparazzi showed up. I'm sure they were looking for me, because they asked where the Athlete was. But Lisa was wearing sneakers and running shoes, and I was in the RV eating a donut, so they probably thought that Lisa was the Athlete. Really, I didn't mind. I'm not the kind of girl that needs to hog the spotlight. After all, it's the little people who helped get me to where I am today: in the RV.

Tomorrow we're off to Martinsburg, WV to run at the Martinsburg High School Track. I've got a following among the pre-teen set (mainly in Japan) so I'm going to brace myself for the onslaught. I swear, those girls can scream so loud when I pass by! Maybe I'll put Lisa out there as a decoy again tomorrow. After all it worked really well today-- no one even noticed me.

And I got to eat an extra donut.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I very much enjoyed getting participate a little, and all you all were VERY nice. Thank you so much for your friendliness, hospitality, and kindness.

And for all the caring first aid help!

Unknown said...

M, you're killing me!!!

Kay said...

Ditto to what Tess said. I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying your blog. I'm hoping that my Dad will see the two of you in Reston on Tuesday. He'll try to show up before 5:30. All the best this week! K

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the giggle this morning "M"! I hope to meet all of you when you come to Colorado, and hopefully run with Lisa for some of her 50 miles here.

Marie Drake
http://memoirsandhalftruths.wordpress.com/