Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Down South

Good morning!

I write to you today from sunny and warm Louisiana! This is where my father lives as well as many relatives of mine. Looks like I left Jackson Hole just in time for the cold and snow to come back!! The first few weeks of May were so amazing in Jackson warm and sunny..it just did not seem right that it would last!
I left Sunday morning and drove straight through to get to Louisiana. My father just cant seem to get back on his feet...Of all us have such full schedules and busy lives but I have to say taking and making the time to go and visit and spend real time with the people you love and care about is what means the most. When I told my father we were coming to see him, I heard the change in his voice immediately. I pray that God gives me a long life so that when I am his age my kids will think enough about me to come and see me if I am down and out.
Drop what you are doing and call someone you love that you have not called for a long time or better yet go and see them. Talking about making there day..it will make yours to:)
Right now I am sitting here working on training schedules. My father is sitting in his favorite chair with both of my girl's watching Curious George. I sit here and just smile, knowing how happy his heart is and how much my girls love there grandpa!

Life is short in so many ways..spend time with those you love.

Training..well..that is going to have to wait, this is far more important right now.

Have a wonderful day
Lisa

P.S. nice running to so many of you at all the races in the past few weekends!!!

5 comments:

Olga said...

have a great time there, Lisa. I re-read the clients testimonials today on your web - so sweet...wish I be patient and more obidient. may be next year I'll come back with your help to my normal self. your belief in your clients is much more than ours in ourselves:)

LK said...

Your post is great timing for me. I have a printout of a story in my cubicle that I read this morning before I read your blog. I haven't read the printout in months, but for some reason this morning, I felt the need to read it again.

It starts out like this: "Too many people put off something that brings them joy just because they haven't thought about it, don't have it on their schedule, didn't know it was coming, or are too rigid to depart from their routine."

After several paragraphs, it ends with this: "When you worry and hurry through your day, it is like an unopened gift...Thrown away... Life is not a race. Take it slower. Hear the music before the song is over."

Have fun with Pops. -lk

Anonymous said...

hi Lisa, give your dad a hug for me. i hope he is feeling better with all you gorgeous girls there! LC

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Enjoy ur time with you Dad, & make sure the kids don't wear him out to much :-)

Julie B said...

I'm glad you are spending time with your Dad, Lisa. There is nothing more important than that. I just spent the weekend with my mother. Her ovarian cancer has reoccured. Time with family is so very important. Enjoy!