Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas through a childs eyes

Christmas through the eyes of a child was so wonderful. We had such a great weekend. It was quiet, relaxing and full of just the right people:)

Christmas Eve we went to church with our friend Barb Lindquist and her husband Loren..Barb waddled into church, pregnant with twins. The service was so beautiful. My 3.5 year old eyes were full of joy the entire time. When it came time to light the candle and sing silent night she sat on my lap and we held the candle together..(of course she thought it was all hers:) At the end of the song and time to blow out the candle she whispered...Happy Birthday Jesus!! Barb and I both about fell off our chairs.

Christmas morning with the house full of Santa was the best..Annabella has been talking about a doll house for 6 months and when she stood at the top of the stairs to look down she saw the doll house. She ran down and was jumping up and down saying...thank you Santa, thank you Santa...

Jay and I both just watched with such joy and so much emotion..Now mind you our 15 month old only wanted to rip everything apart until she came across a doll that was for her, she hugged it and knew it was for her. The little smile that lite up her face is something I will always remember.

It is Thursday morning, cold and snowing here. Last night our friend Barb had her twins..2 boys! Everyone is doing great..we can't wait to see them all.

Today is our friend Mikes Birthday and he is going to do a long run up what we call the hill:) I will go with him and start my training again..today is the day, my leg feels good. I have been faithful to stay off of it and let it heal. Its amazing when you stay off exercise for the most part how sore you get doing nothing:):)

Our friend Greg is her visiting for a few days, drove all the way from Calif....what a joy to see him.

Wanda is doing better with each passing day and is over the moon with thanks for the love and support of strangers...you see our small acts of kindness has helped with a miracle..the miracle of Christmas..thanks to you all.

Below is a beautiful Christmas story that was sent to me..its worth reading.


http://www.bobperks.com/whatgift.htm

Have a Happy New Year and many 2007 bring you all the love and blessings you deserve...
Dreamchasers is going to have some wonderful new things going on and I hope that it will mean somewhere, someday I will see each of you in person..
Live each day to the fullest. Get the most from each hour, each day, and each age of your life. Then you can look forward with confidence, and back without regrets.
Be yourself- but be your best self. Dare to be different and follow your own star.
And don’t be afraid to be happy. Enjoy what is beautiful. Love with all your heart and soul. Believe that those you love, love you.
Forget what you have done for your friends, and remember what they have done for you. Disregard what the world owes you, and concentrate on what you owe the world.
When you are faced with a decision, make that decision as wisely as possible-then forget it. The moment of absolute certainly never arrives.
And above all, remember that God helps those who help themselves. Act as if everything depended upon you, and pray as if everything depended upon God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's my birthday today, and I celebrated it with a 2 hour run this morning. I wanted to see if being a year older made a difference! Thankfully it didn't because I felt great! With about 40 minutes left in the run, the sky opened up and snow started coming down hard. I got home covered with snow, it was awesome! I think the cars passing me on the road thought I was nuts.
We are having another blizzard in Denver today and tomorrow with 1-2 feet expected, on top of the 4 feet we got last week, amazing! It's nice that this happened during Christmas time when we can stay warm inside our homes with our families. My prayers go out to all of those who don't have a warm house to stay in. I hope everyone has a very Happy New Year!
Michele Jensen