Monday, July 24, 2006

Here at Furnace Creek

Monday, July 24, 2006 - 12:55 pm
I am here with a number of Lisa's crew members, awaiting her arrival at Furnace Creek which is 17 miles into the official Badwater race.

Lisa got off this morning in very high spirits. Prior to the start Lisa took photos with her fellow racers who were slotted for the 10 am start. Then our crew gathered for a beautiful prayer led by Lisa's sister Julie. After a rendition of the Canadian and American national anthems Lisa and the other racers were off.

For those of you interested in the weather conditions I can offer you some stats from the Death Valley National Park morning report. Over the past 24 hours the temperature high at Furnace Creek was 125 degrees F (52degrees C). Badwater, the race start, typically has even higher temperatures. The biggest weather concern discussed by race participants is the humidity which is higher than usual.

A few editiorial notes ...
COMMENTS: If you have responded to any blog postings with comments THANK YOU. We have not been able to read any comments because we do not have internet access. My great Mom has been posting messages to the blog that we fax to her.

Also I hear from Finlay that I mistakenly posted a photo a few days back that identified him as Todd. Needless to say, I do not want to insult Todd :) Finlay will be the first pacer for Lisa and on my next post I will let you know how that goes. I know Lisa is excited to have his company.

No comments: