Sunday, March 05, 2006

My first marathon

 
 
When I decided to run my first marathon I had run several 5 and 10k. I heard some people talking about a marathon and I found out the it was 26.2 miles, I had to do it!
Near my home town was a marathon in early April, The Lake County marathon.
I had no idea how to run a marathon or really what I was getting myself into.
My 3 brothers had a bet that I could not do it! My brother Stephen said I can do it with no training! My other 2 brothers made Stephen a $500 bet that he could not make the distance. I was so worried that I would not make it that I had my mother drive myself and Stephen to the start line of this race so we could run the course the week before the race, just to make sure we could make it. No water, no gue, no sunglasses only the clothes and shoe we had on our bodies. I had no idea you even needed to drink water along the way back then!!! Its amazing how far things have come in the training and nutritional world.  My brother Stephen had a pair of flat top converse tennis shoes on and a pack of Marlboro cigarettes rolled up in his t-shirt sleeve. We started running and running. My brother Perry was going to be on his motor cycle every once in awhile checking on us to make sure we did not get a ride in a car or for that mater as he said, cheat!
 
More to come
Happy feet
Lisa
 

No comments: