Tuesday, January 19, 2010

This is great! The 30-Second Rule

Here is an observation from John Maxwell that I hope you enjoy as much I as will today.


Subject: THE 30-SECOND RULE

When most people meet others, they search for ways to make themselve look good. The key to the 30-Second Rule is reversing this practice. When you make contact with people, instead of focusing on yourself, search for ways to make them look good.
Every day before I meet with people, I pause to think about something encouraging I can tell them. What I say can be one of many things: I might thank them for something they've done for me or for a friend. I might tell others about one of their accomplishments. I might praise them for a personal quality they exhibit. Or a might simply compliment their appearance. The practice isn't complicated, but is does take sometime, effort, and discipline. The reward for practicing it is huge, because it really makes a positive impact on people.
- 25 Ways to Win with People -

TAKE THIRTY SECOND WITH EACH PERSON YOU MEET TODAY TO ADD VALUE TO THEM

3 comments:

Hone said...

new to the blog.

Great advice!!

Chris Roman said...

Like it Lisa, good advice all around :)

Michelle Kendrick Hartney said...

I like that advice Lisa!

I just wanted to let you know that I love your blog and I wanted to show you my handmade runners charms! Thought you might be interested.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37242263
Thanks for looking!!
Michelle Hartney