More to tell you about this another day! I have NO excuse this year for the 508. I feel strong and happy.
Thanks to all of you have told me it is time for a new blog post.
The Teton races were wonderful. We thank all of you who were here to run, volunteer give of yourself with time and effort. Without the love and support of others NO race would ever go on.
Next year we are going to be doing more with the Teton races so stay tuned:)
For results and photos go to http://www.tetonraces.com/
A big congratulations to the many of you who did so well and also to those of you who will live to race another day! It was such a joy for us to see many friends and students doing there first marathon, 50 and 100 mile!!! It was also a real joy to have Sister Marybeth here who on her own decided she wanted to try the 100 mile! During the event I told her I was backing her down to the 50 mile and she said.."ok". Sister Marybeth has some big goals of her own:)
The great news is as far as the "810" goes, we are over $400,000 raised!!!
Thanks to all of you!
Congratulations to all who ran the Wasatch 100 last weekend. We followed the race on-line all weekend.
We heard the weather was perfect and the night sky was amazing!
Ok,,so you want to know how my training for the Furnace Creek 508 is going...It is going really well. I was able to get some good miles in before the Teton races and then right before, during and after the races I ended up with 11 days off but a great deal of time on my feet. I literally lost my voice and could barely talk..
I ended up getting sick for a few days and was resting because I was going to pace at Wasatch.
Well..needless to say I did not pace at Wasatch so I ended up getting even more rest!
Today I am going to ride to Jackson Hole and back which will be a very hard ride.
My goal this week is 300 miles. Wish me luck will you! :)
ANNOUNCEMENT and SAVE THE DATE!!!
**The 32nd John Colter half marathon and 2 mile fun run was postponed in Aug. the new date is Oct. 11th. This is a good time to run a half marathon. It will be cool weather and many of you are running a fall marathon so it is a good tune up! Enter early and save on paying the late fee! For more information go to the Chamber web site http://www.tetonvalleychamberofcommerce.com/ and to register go to http://www.active.com/ PLEASE: pass this information on to your friends that may be interested in joining.
25 TIPS FOR A BETTER LIFE
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to __________ today.'
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. God heals almost everything.
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for__________. Today I accomplished _________.
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
25. Please forward this to those you care about.
Have a great day!