Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Get Going on Spring Training

GET GOING ON SPRING TRAINING
Race season is here again and it's time to stock up on products! Order from Dreamchasers Product List...great prices, friendly customer service!



MDS UPDATE

TODAY IS THE LONG STAGE
The long course is definitely giving the competitors a run for their money. Two Dreamchasers were featured on
http://www.darbaroud.com/ today making their way up a steep dune with the help of a rope. Go Terry Madl! Go Michele Jensen!



Terry Madl (second from right)





Michele Jensen (race # 500)





MEMORIES FROM MDS VETERANS


Name this Dreamchaser
Guess who this is? Here’s a clue…he did MDS last year (when this photo was taken and he’s back again for more this year). Click
HERE to find out who this is and to see more amazing photos and captions, courtesy of Patrice Clapacs.




Aran Gordon
My most memorable moment was Stage 4 of the 2005 MDS race...I remember running with Nattu ( a great man!) and then going into a sand storm together...from there we went through a check point and I wanted to work on my feet...I told Nattu to go on. What I didn't tell him was that I needed to be alone...Read
MORE.





Heath Gosselin
Oh how I remember MDS 1999. It was my first running event ever. I was a bit nervous, but meet some of the greatest people right from the start. They took me under their wing and helped me succeed beyond my expectations. Now for the fun stuff!

My luggage was lost forever. It had all my extra socks and extra race clothes in it, not to mention a bunch of nice stuff for after the race. So things were going great for the first day or two. I felt great and was taking it easy. But at night, I would take off my socks to knock out the sand and what ever else. As the days continued it became harder and harder to put my socks on they were hard as a rock and my feet looked like hamburger. I kept pushing it. My 50 mile day was the hardest. I could see the lights from camp, but it seemed to take forever to get to them. I was so beat up and struggling, but the race officials kept driving by to check on people. As they would come up, I put on my biggest smile and waved, as if to say I'm doing great. I then went back to wobbling my way back to camp.

The rest day after was great. The conversations in the tent were amazing and I will never forget them. My feet were so bad I was tearing up at times just lying there. Lisa came to my rescue and fixed my feet and let me were her pedicure sandals all day. We sipped hot chocolate with mini marshmallows that night, and the next day to the end of the race was amazing.

This race will forever live on in my mind. And you can't put a price tag on that.


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa! Thought I could get some people to laugh!


GUARANTEED TO MAKE YOU SMILE... ESPECIALLY SINCE IT'S A TRUE STORY.


ON JULY 20, 1969, AS COMMANDER OF THE APOLLO 11 LUNAR MODULE, NEIL ARMSTRONG WAS THE FIRST PERSON TO SET FOOT ON THE MOON. HIS FIRST WORDS AFTER STEPPING ON THE MOON, "THAT'S ONE SMALL STEP FOR MAN, ONE GIANT LEAP FOR MANKIND," WAS TELEVISED TO EARTH AND HEARD BY MILLIONS.

BUT JUST BEFORE HE REENTERED THE LANDER, HE MADE THE ENIGMATIC REMARK "GOOD LUCK, MR. GORSKY"

MANY PEOPLE AT NASA THOUGH IT WAS A CASUAL REMARK CONCERNING SOME RIVAL SOVIET COSMONAUT. HOWEVER, UPON CHECKING, THERE WAS NO GORSKY IN EITHER THE RUSSIAN OR AMERICAN SPACE PROGRAMS.

OVER THE YEARS MANY PEOPLE QUESTIONED ARMSTRONG AS TO WHAT THE "GOOD LUCK, MR. GORSKY" STATEMENT MEANT, BUT ARMSTRONG ALWAYS JUST SMILED.

ON JULY 5, 1995, IN TAMPA BAY, FLORIDA, WHILE ANSWERING QUESTIONS FOLLOWING A SPEECH, A REPORTER BROUGHT UP THE 26-YEAR-OLD QUESTION TO ARMSTRONG. THIS TIME HE FINALLY RESPONDED. MR. GORSKY HAD DIED, SO NEIL ARMSTRONG FELT HE COULD ANSWER THE QUESTION.

IN 1938 WHEN HE WAS A KID IN A SMALL MIDWEST TOWN, HE WAS PLAYING BASEBALL WITH A FRIEND IN THE BACKYARD. HIS FRIEND HIT THE BALL, WHICH LANDED IN HIS NEIGHBOR'S YARD BY THE BEDROOM WINDOWS. HIS NEIGHBORS WERE MR. AND MRS. GORSKY. AS HE LEANED DOWN TO PICK UP THE BALL, YOUNG ARMSTRONG HEARD MRS. GORSKY SHOUTING AT MR. GORSKY. "SEX! YOU WANT SEX?! YOU'LL GET SEX WHEN THE KID NEXT DOOR WALKS ON THE MOON!"

TRUE STORY.

Michael IlesCremieux

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa!

I know it's the long day and many will take two days to finish, but I was hoping that by now there might be some updated temporary results on the MDS site. Is this typical for it to take so long to post 4th stage results? I'm sure if you had new info you'd let us know. I'm not worried, just anxious for news!

Hello to all the friends and family out there waiting for updates like I am...I guess we just have to be patient!

And to all those running: I was impressed before you left for Morocco, but after everything I have read and seen the past few days (searching for all kinds of MDS info has become my new hobby/mild obsession this week) I am completely in awe. You guys are amazing! I hope everyone is in good spirits and having a wonderful experience. We can't wait to welcome you back home and hear all about it.

Thanks!
- Amy
(supporting boyfriend Ted Archer, #466)

Lisa Smith-Batchen said...

Hi Amy,

This is normal for day 4..I know it is a long day waiting!
They have the top 3 up but that is all. With 2 days to finish the event it will take time. I can tell you Ted is done by now and in his tent or cheering others on:)
He did amazing on day 3 and was up with all the big dogs today.
What ever the result he has made us so proud..I know you sure are.
If I get word about anything I will let you know!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Michele Jensen!!!
You are my inspiration and motivation, I thought about you this morning when I did my wimpy old 4mi run - some day I'll do that marathon and I know you'll be right there with me.

Thinking about you crossing that finish line!

GO Michele GO!!!!!

Carmen Salveson

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

It is already well into April 3rd in Morocco. Why haven't we had any race results from Stage 4 yet?
http://www.darbaroud.com/index_uk.php
This is very nerve wracking.

Thanks,
Anita

Becky said...

Thanks for your assurance, Lisa, about the delay in posting Stage 4 results. It is nice to know I can know the "real scoop" about what's going on from your site.

By the way, another one of your students (Jeff) is featured in a picture that has just been posted for Stage 4! Pic #13 (at least that's its spot right now)- pouring water on his face. Now why would he do that - It isn't hot there, is it?!!? ;)

Anonymous said...

Lisa
can you please tell Leigh and George that I am thinking of them every minute, and everyone else out there on the beautiful sands, and I wish so badly that I (I know I'm speaking for millions of people) was there. I am envious of their adventures every day. I know it sounds crazy but their moments right now, are so full of life! They'll come back to home, to life, and it might be normal and simple, but what they are doing today, is extraordinary! They are living the dreams of everyone of us...Tell them the keep on trekking, they are the best and to have you and Jay as their coach, well, it doesn't get better than that! WOW...
love
Shannon Farar-Griefer - a wannabe MDS athlete!

JMP said...

Great progress for the Dreamchasers team! It's inspiring to read everyones progress and the dedication such a feat requires.

Anonymous said...

All of these photos are very good, who took them?

Steve

Lisa Smith-Batchen said...

Thanks to all of you who sent your MDS past experience to us...we sent an email asking many and you are the ones who responded..we are thrilled to share your experience and journey with everyone else.

Lisa

Dieselmota said...

Hello, I love the photo of the three men climbing the dune. I would like to ask permission to use it as a header on my blog. Who is the photographer and do you know how I may contact to ask? Thanks so much for your help.

lisa batchen said...

SURE YOU ARE USE THE PHOTO

JAY BATCHEN TOOK THE PHOTO

BLESSINGS
LISA