Wednesday, February 06, 2008

From the Race Front: PEGGY GAUDET



On last weekend's Rocky Raccoon Race in Huntsville, TX


What surprised you most about the race?
I really liked to course, that was a surprise and the 3 loops weren’t as bad as I thought they were going to be.


What advice helped you achieve your goal?
Lisa told me to run hard on the downhills and flats, that really helped.


Is there something you learned that you'll use in future races (good, bad, or ugly!)
I am pretty sure that I never want to eat another clif shot again.


Any words of advice for others thinking about doing an ultra?

You can achieve anything if you set your mind to it.

What did your students think about your 50 mile finish?
I showed my class a picture of me from the race, and they didn't think that it looked like me....I never wear a hat to school. They guessed how long it took me to run, one girl said an hour!

1 comment:

Lisa Smith-Batchen said...

Peggy..if anyone could make running 50 miles look easy it was you. wow, you go girl. A PR and a beautiful race for you.
I can't wait to see what else you are going to be able to teach us all.

Lisa