Wednesday, February 06, 2008

From the Race Front: JUAN ANDRADE



On last weekend's Rocky Raccoon Race in Huntsville, TX

What surprised you most about the race?
How pretty the course was. The pictures on the website don't do it justice. It was also very, very well organized.

What advice helped you achieve your goal?
I learned a long time ago that if I listened to Lisa and did what she said I would always be ok. this race was no different.

Did you meet any new friends on the course?
Absolutely! This was like some sick high school social! Everyone was very friendly and supportive.

Is there something you learned that you'll use in future races (good, bad, or ugly!) I'm not sure that I learned this at this race but it applies - expect the unexpected and plan for it.

Any words of advice for others thinking about doing an ultra?
Train hard and the race is easy! You can do it!

1 comment:

Lisa Smith-Batchen said...

Juan..it made my day when Ed and I caught up to you and the 3 of us ran to the finish line together..actually you and Ed out ran me to the finish line.
You are not only an Ironman you are now an ultra runner!

Lisa