Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Badwater here we come

My goodness we are 3 weeks out. I was just out for a power walk, the moon was amazing and it is going to be very hot again here today.
Plan today is 10 mile climb up one way and then run back down..I will do this with 2 of my crew members. I have basically had the last 2 days off. This Sunday will be my last long run before I taper down and start to rest. But do you ever rest when you work full time and have a 2 and 4 year old:) I would not have it any other way, I love it just the way it is.
I have had some changes on my crew the past few days with work or family issues but I was thankful to have some back up crew so we are all set again. In the next few days we will be posting information about my BW double this year and the mission behind it all.
I am very much looking forward to being back in the heat and on the road again.
Colleen will be doing daily Blog updates for me while I am doing the double..thanks Colleen!!!!

Go to this link and read about Kira one of my coaching students about to run her first Badwater race!!! 2 years ago Kira set out to run a marathon, 3 weeks from now she will set out to run Badwater..Wow..go Kira go!
http://www.runningskirts.com/ultrarunning.html

Have a wonderful day
Lisa

No comments: