Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Ironman

Good morning!

Ironman training in the winter is not that easy:) Many day's I tell myself it's ok to not to the race and the other day's I tell myself it's just an Ironman!!
I know many of us go back and forth and over and over our goals wondering if we are in good enough shape.
At this point in my life I am not out to compete in the races I am going to participate.

On Monday I got an email from my friend Ray who has raced IM AZ twice and then from another friend of his.
I was telling them about my lack of miles on the bike as he was telling me that he just did a 110 mile ride outdoors with some athletes going to IM AZ!! My bike has seen the road twice and it won't see 110 miles before this IM event but hey I know I can run,,,right!

Below is a short email they sent to me on Monday and I sat here at my computer laughing so hard!!


***I'll keep and eye on you via Ironman Live come race-day to make sure you don't just toss that bike aside as "unnecessary baggage" and run the damn thing :)

You know, I never thought about it like that..run the thing:) Ha..My bike won't get lost because I will drive to AZ, so looks like I better get to the gym and make the 5 am spin class!! I am motivated now:) Thanks Ray and Joe!


Next I want to share a new web site with you. This web site is my wonderful and long time friend sister Marybeth Lloyds whom I have raised money for over the years and will continue to do so.
Take a look at the site and if you want to read about the things Dreamchasers has done go to the special thanks.
http://www.aidsorphansrising.org/flashindex.html

Have a great day
Lisa

1 comment:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Coach Lisa Said:Ironman training in the winter is not that easy:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I agree your temps have been like 5-10 degrees for the winter--BURRRRRRRR sometimes I just THINK how cold it is up there and it is hard for ME to workout--lol
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ray Said:
"unnecessary baggage" and run the damn thing :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAHA that is funny

Best wishes on your event you will do great and have fun

Bob