Tuesday, October 24, 2006

weekends race results:)

Good morning!

It is yet another beautiful day here in the Tetons:) Sunny and warm which is so unusal for this time of the year. Trust me that none of here are complaining!!

The last few weekends have brought in some amazing race results I wanted to share with you all.

Nattu: ran the Arkansas traveller 100 mile in 29 hours, just a training run for Nattu:) Colleen is now a much wanted crew and pace person, fying all over the USA to help and I must say getting in great shape herself...Littls did she know I have lined up Joe D. to pace her through her NYC marathon, look out!

Adam: what can I say..he ran the Dick Collins fire trail 50 mile and had a NEW personal best by over 3 hours:) He ran a 10:13..stuck to the plan and it all worked:)

Larry: Palo Duro 50 mile: a NEW personal best...9:26 and this was with a sick stomach for several mile!

Jackie: ran the womens Nike marathon in SF with a time of 4:46! Go Miss Jackie:)

Chicago marathon was cold and windy but the 4 Dreamchaser runners ALL had a personal best!

Juan: ran a 4:02:33 a best time by over 18 minutes
Matt: ran a 4:13:58 a best time by over 15 minutes
Anthony and Terry: I have copied there race updates below so you can read them!

Nice running to you all, makes me smile:):)




Hi Lisa !
We just arrived back home in New York from a long day in Chicago. The Chicago Marathon was a great success. I ran very strong throughout the race (you'll see the GPS watch splits and the chip time splits below), so much so that I took my 1 minute walk breaks during my 14/1 from miles 5-20 only at certain aid stations (when I needed to refill the water bottle, or when it was time to take endurolytes or eat). In the last 6 miles, I ran hard and took a 30 second walk at the aid stations.
Ok, so, how did I do….let me first start by saying THANK YOU once again for your superb training. You have trained me through marathons, 50Ks, 60Ks, and 50-milers, never letting me enter a race unprepared….and boy was I prepared today. Everything clicked just right. My pace was dead on and pretty even throughout. In my last 7 marathons I typically would fade at the end with 10 and 11 minute miles….not this time.
My previous marathon distance PR was 3:58:47, which I did in the 2005 Long Island Marathon (before I started training with you). Today's Chicago Marathon time….a new PR 15 minutes faster than my prior PR -------3:43:48 !!

Anthony



Hey Lisa, I thought this was going to be 'slow, but pain-free'. Well, how about 'fast and pain- free'? I just set a personal best without hardly breaking a sweat (of course, it was 39 degrees at the start). But seriously, I was under control from the start right thru until the end. I worked our plan exactly like you set it out--and it went great. No pain in my feet, achilles, legs, stomach, back (all of the usual suspects from previous years), and I wasn't tired until I tried to push it a little during the last 1.2 miles. My legs (quads mostly) finally got a little tired and heavy at about mile 23, and I only had a little soreness in my right aductor. That was the big injury from last year and it led to the orthodics, and all of that physical therapy. I can reassure you that it continues to feel stronger every week thru our training reginmem. I just sat in our whilpool tub for about an hour and I feel like I could go out and run again. I'm not kidding, I don't hurt anywhere and I'm not tired.
I'll give you some details because I find them so interesting. By the way, my total was 3:50:45, and I was expecting something around 4:20. My previous best was 3:54:14 in '04. Look at how consistent the splits were: 8:33, 8:24, 8:29, 8:25, 8:51, 9:00, 9:01, 8:43, 8:53, 8:45, 8:39, 8:57, 8:57, 8:45, 8:35, 8:30, 8:50, 8:43, 8:55, 8:47, 9:02, 8:53, 9:04, 9:05, 9:06, 9:03, 1:35. So my average was 8:49 per mile. I was amazed at how fast I was doing my miles during the 9:1 part (from the 30 min mark until I hit the 20 mile marker).
So, thank you, thank you , thank you. A few weeks ago I didn't know when I could run pain-free again. And here I am with such a good result and not even very much prep time!!!
Terry


Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

No comments: