Tuesday, August 15, 2006

the giving

Good morning to you!
I am on my way this morning to Jackson Hole High School to put on a 6am track workout with a group of women who are training for the NYC marathon. I am so looking forward to this. Watching the sun come up, the cool air on my face and the smell of the morning. I just love the smell of the morning:)
I am so proud of all of my coaching clients. As time goes on so many of them are being drawn to run for something other than themselves, to run to help something close to there own heart by raising money or giving of time. Doing anything is better than not doing anything at all. Giving makes us all feel so good and watching others gives also makes us feel good.
Below is an email being sent out by one of my NYC clients, Anthony. Jay and I are giving him $2 a mile and thank him for his love and for his giving.
I hope you all have a wonderful day
Lisa
 

Friends -
On March 28, 2006, this world lost one of its shining examples of strength and determination.  On that day Alisa Etlinger, at the age of 44, lost her long and valiant battle with cancer.   Alisa was an inspiration to all who knew and loved her.  Her courage was not only demonstrated by her battle to live, but also by how she relentlessly cared for her beloved daughters, Carly (6) and Hannah (4), and for her devoted husband Wayne, all during her illness.  In addition to her constant care for her family, she continued to teach her special education students in The Bronx, NYC for as long as her strength would allow.  Alisa’s joy of life was evident by her beautiful smile, wonderful attitude and joy of gardening, and her memory will forever burn brightly for all who knew her.
On Sunday September 24 I will be running the Vermont 50-Mile Trail Race (in Brownsville, Vermont) in honor and in memory of Alisa.  Every step of the race will be run for Alisa, for her husband and children, and for all of those who stood by her side in the face of tragedy.  For each mile of the race completed, I will be making a donation of $10 to the trust established for the benefit of Carly and Hannah.
My goal is to help to raise a minimum of $2,000 for the benefit of Alisa's children, and I invite you to join in this celebration of Alisa's life and memory by making a contribution to the Etlinger Trust for each mile of the Vermont 50-Mile Trail Race that I complete.  Please let me know if you wish to contribute so that I can keep track of our contributions, and keep you informed of my results in the race.
Many thanks to Linda and Bruce Mellion for their help in writing this e-mail.
Best,
Anthony porteraa@optonline.net). 
Contributions can be made directly to:
Etlinger Trust
c/o Attorney Kenneth Gould
Marcus, Gould & Sussman
222 Bloomingdale Road
White Plains, NY 10605

Check out AOL.com today. Breaking news, video search, pictures, email and IM. All on demand. Always Free.

No comments: