Monday, July 10, 2006

2 great quotes

2 weeks from today we will be standing at the starting line of Badwater. I am ready, I am sure of this.
I was able to get all my workouts in over the weekend, it was warm and sunny.
Sat. my sweetie Jay and I went out together for close to 3 hours. We took turns pushing and pulling the girls. Jay is so much faster than I am but yet I was able to stay with him for the first 1.5 hours at 80% and this was fast! He could not believe how well I was running and this was after 4 hours on hills the day before:)
Sunday morning I woke up feeling like I should go back to bed but I was to meet Pam Reed at 8:30 in Wilson Wy. to run up and down both side of the Teton Pass. Yes, RUN...she does not walk. 4 hours later I felt great, I felt strong and was able to run and walk no problem to keep up with her. She is a fine women and she is ready to run as well, this will be her 3rd Badwater.
It is time to put this horse in the stable and let her rest for 2 weeks. I will do 3-4 run each week but nothing longer than 2 hours. Next week I wont run anything longer than 1 hour. We leave for Death Valley on Tue. the 18th, this will give us 5 full days in the heat to get it all together.
 
I hope you had a great weekend as well!!!
 
I said in one of my blogs to email Zachary if you wanted to be a volunteer at our Sept. races. He would rather you call him. 307-690-1342.
 
 Below are 2 great quotes that were sent to me this morning. enjoy!
 
 
 
 "We have two options in life both medically and emotionally, give up or
fight like hell." -Lance Armstrong

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving."
--Albert Einstein
 
Happy Feet!
Lisa Smith-Batchen

Check out AOL.com today. Breaking news, video search, pictures, email and IM. All on demand. Always Free.

No comments: