Thursday, July 06, 2006

18 days to go

 Happy Thursday!!!
 
18 days to go until the start of the BW 135 and the start of my close to 300 miles:)
 
My to do list seems to get longer with each passing day, not shorter. But hey, like I have told you and I have been told: at the end of the day what you have accomplished is enough!
 
My training the last week has not been what I hoped for but we have to make the best with the time we have and perhaps I have needed the rest.
 
A few updates!
 
We are looking for volunteers for our Sept. 2-3 trail marathon, 50 and 100 mile races.
The races are starting to fill up which is so exciting for us! Of course we would rather see you running one of the races but if this is not possible consider being a volunteer. It is a great way to get your trail work hours in for other events.
Please email Zachary is you are available: zaxschmax@aim.com
 
* We have 2 training dates set for anyone who wants to come train on our race course! All levels of walkers and runners are welcome! Aug.6th and Aug. 20th. Meet by the pool at Grand Targhee Resort, 8am!
 
*Below is a note that I have sent out to my coaching clients, friends and family. You may have already read it but it wont hurt to read it again! I am working on how to attach a copy of the donation letter to blog:)
You will see that we are going to be doing live updates from Death Valley on this blog with photos and even voice! Go to my web site and read why I am doing this and for who!
We have raised over $80,000 already! God is so good, so good. Thank you all for your thoughts, prayer and support..18 days to go!
 
  
 
 I guys and gals!
 
I hope you will take the time to read the attachment I am sending to you and if it is something close to your heart like it is to mine, my family, Marshall and many others you will want to help us to.
Then I hope you will want to forward it on to your own mailing list!:)
 
On July 24th I will start out to run close to 300 miles through Death Valley to raise money for the kids we know, love and to save many of these kids lives. We need your help. I have the most amazing team of people behind me on this journey and I so look forward to it. I am in better shape than I have been in years, and can now power walk at 5.8 mph which will help with the success of this.
I know I will be in pain but these kids suffer everyday and we can help reduce this suffering by making donations!  I believe I will conquer and see the finish line and that God is on our side for this one!
 
Please visit my web site
www.lisasmithbatchen.com where you can read about the journey, the crew and the why it is my hearts desire to accomplish this dream.
God has given me a great gift and I am thankful that I am able to use it to help others.
Thank you for your love, support and consideration.
 
You will be able to follow the journey on my blog, we will do daily and live updates with voice and photos.
I will be the 3rd women to ever do this and I hope to beat the record, which is 5 days, 23 hours and 45 min. God willing!!!!
 
Many Blessings
Lisa
 
 
 
Happy Feet!
Lisa Smith-Batchen
http://lisasmithbatchen.blogspot.com/
www.lisasmithbatchen.com
www.dreamchaserevents.com
www.tetonraces.com

Check out AOL.com today. Breaking news, video search, pictures, email and IM. All on demand. Always Free.

No comments: