Wednesday, June 14, 2006

May God Bless you a perfect race

Hi all,
What a training day it was for me this morning. Started out in the thunder and lightening all dressed my GORTEX! You got it...cold here today, and now HAIL and SNOW at the ski resort. Heat training, ha, ha!!! I pulled the tire for 2:20 and felt very strong, I feel like a horse waiting to get out of her stable! When I walked in the door my girls were having breakfast with daddy Jay. Annabella took one look at me and said, Mommy, yuck you need to go wash your hair. I went to give her a kiss good morning and she said, yuck you stink and need a shower! Next words from her mouth were, Good run mommy?
How a 3 year old can be so much like an adult. Just love that kid!
 
Below is an email from Chris Lundberg, I know he wont mind me sharing with you all. And then my response to him. Chris is ready to get out of the stable, let the race begin.
I cant tell you how proud we all are of Chris and how hard he has worked to get to this point. Please pray for Chris and for God to give him that perfect race!
Toland and Alex will run Mohican 100 this weekend, Kathy, Donna, Theresa and Andy will all be running one of the races at the Big horn. 50k, 50 mile, 100 mile. May you all have a perfect race to!
We all have much to be thankful for and I know one thing for sure, I am thankful to all of you who read my blog and the support you give to me, my family and to all the others who read this blog.
 
I am blessed, very blessed.
 
 
 
 
Hello Lisa!
 
Well I just got back from a massage, I feel great, and am hitting the road for Duluth!  My work schedule worked out perfectly so that I can leave now and not be back until Sunday night or Monday.  I'll be spending a couple of nights in the woods getting fully relaxed and recharged, then meeting up with a host family for the night before the race, and then getting down to business.  Everything has been going better than expected.  I've never felt this calm and confident in my preparation before a race, I really can't wait to see what happens!  I've got my bottles all ready to be filled with Hammer HEED, my uniform, Injijin socks :), and shoes have been packed for two weeks!  I'll be back in town sometime Sunday night or Monday and I'll let you know how it went.  When it gets tough out there I know my thoughts will be turning towards you and Jay and everyone else that has been so supportive of me.  I can't tell you how lucky I feel to know you two and so many other wonderful friends in the running community!  You two are such an inspiration!  I really appreciate you posting on your blog, now I guess I better run extra fast to live up to the billing :) 
 
 
Chris,
 
Trust your work!
Be patient, stay focused and hydrated and  don't think about the pain if it comes. Push harder if the pain comes and know that 5 minutes after you are through the finish line you will be on top of the world and all of us here cheering for you will be standing with you.
 
May God Bless you with a perfect race
 
Happy Feet!
Lisa Smith-Batchen
JOIN MY BLOG!!!
www.lisasmithbatchen.com
www.dreamchaserevents.com
www.tetonraces.com

Check out AOL.com today. Breaking news, video search, pictures, email and IM. All on demand. Always Free.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris

I hope your race goes really well. Lisa clearly rates you highly! When your legs begin to feel heavy just remember that 'Pain is temporary Glory is forever'.

Best Wishes

Niki
United Kingdom